Welcome to achieveHR
Welcome to achieveHR – a new and innovative employment law and HR offering, designed to provide a flexible and tailored service to meet every business need.
Backed up by the in-depth experience and strength of one of the UKs leading Law Firms, achieveHR brings a revolutionary new way to deliver employment services for clients – delivering the very best technical advice, supported with an achievable, flexible and commercial service to meet all your employment needs.
achieveHR is a packaged employment law and HR offering that puts you in control as the services provide you with immediate access to a team of dedicated and experienced employment lawyers along with all of the resources needed to manage the HR function in any business.
You choose the support package your business needs which provides the certainty of a set monthly or quarterly bill, all easily tracked 24/7 through your online account.
To bring further cost effectiveness, your subscription provides instant access to a complete library of employment law and HR documents, how to guides, templates, calculators and flowcharts bringing you everything your business needs to complete every day employment tasks at the click of a button.
About the Service
The tailored achieveHR service ensures that all of the HR needs of your business are effectively managed, allowing you to stay ahead of any changes in employment law.
achieveHR is a fixed price, yet bespoke employment and HR offering which meets the needs of your business. The advice we provide is customised to your business and your desired risk profile, delivered in a way which you understand.
achieveHR gives the benefit of a fixed price where the cost can be spread out evenly throughout the year. You choose what you want to use those hours for, and they can be used for any day-to-day employment law and HR matter* so you have certainty of cost. Whenever needed, there is the flexibility to add additional hours on to your package to deal with any unexpected employment or HR activity.
Benefits of achieveHR
- Online and 24/7 access to a complete range of documents, guides and templates to cost efficiently manage all aspects of HR and employment law
- Totally flexible and adaptable legal service to meet your business needs
- Enables you to spend only on the service required
- Access to a fully qualified and experienced team of specialist solicitors
- Ensures your HR function is always up to date to protect your business
- Your dedicated account tracks your usage so you can see when and how you have used the service (and how to retrieve previously valuable information)
- Access to supporting training and learning for your wider HR needs
Our Service Provides
- Direct access to advice from a dedicated senior employment law solicitor, delivered in a friendly and approachable style
- A partnership approach with you and your business – we build long lasting relationships so we can understand business needs to offer bespoke advice tailored to your business
- 24/7 and 365 days a year access to our vast document library, with easily accessible tools, searches and your own personalised library
- Competitive fixed prices which gives you budget certainty
- Regular legal and HR updates via newsletters, blogs and video content
- Access to our online training suite, including video training, web-ex training, online e-learning and traditional face to face training
- Access to significantly reduced fees for an experienced employment professional to defend any Employment Tribunal claims brought against your business
- Access to our wider employment law and HR community bringing your team a virtual extension of colleagues and peers to share ideas and best practice
- A responsive service with guaranteed response times for emails, phone calls and legal advice
excludes employment tribunal claims, although you benefit from a reduced hourly rate for these.
The client is a small owner managed business which supplies glues and adhesives by mail order. The company’s owner came to us in a panic, following an allegation of sex discrimination from a former employee, who was dismissed following a redundancy exercise. Our client was very concerned about the prospect of an Employment Tribunal Claim and the associated risks and costs, with a particular concern that the claim may threaten the continuing viability of the business if not managed properly as it could potentially cost them upwards of £20,000.
The team assisted an international business set up its UK operation from scratch. This involved ensuring the international business and their lawyers fully understood the employment rights applicable in England and Wales, as well as exploring the different types of employment models that can be used to engage staff. We were hands on with the recruitment process, including attending interviews with candidates in order to provide HR assistance and input. The final stage of this process was to draft and provide all relevant documentation to ensure that the new staff could commence work on appropriate and legally compliant contracts, with supporting policies and procedures in place to ensure a successful work environment was created from the outset.
Disciplinary & Grievance
We supported a business through a complex disciplinary, grievance and whistle-blowing matter from one of their senior employees. After a disciplinary matter was raised with this senior employee about bullying and harassment, he made counter-allegations against a number of his colleagues also of bullying and harassment (including discrimination based on his alleged disability). In his grievance, this employee also made a number of allegations relating to health and safety, which were covered by the whistleblowing legislation. The employee subsequently went off sick due to mental health reasons.
The team assisted with the purchase of an East Midlands SME by a larger national organisation. The purchase was a whole business purchase and so the employees engaged at the East Midlands SME were subject to the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (TUPE). The employment team assisted the corporate team to ensure that the purchaser had all of the employee liability information required ahead of the sale, and to ensure that the correct warranties and indemnities were within the purchase agreement, in order to protect our buyer clients.
Family Friendly Rights
The team regularly takes part in consultation exercises for the introduction of new pieces of legislation, commonly relating to family-friendly rights, such as the recent development of the right to take two weeks parental bereavement leave if you suffer the death of a child under the age of 18 years old, or a still birth after 24 weeks. We keep up to date so that you can know the key developments hot off the press to give you the maximum time to prepare your business for the changes. Within two days of receiving the draft Regulations on parental bereavement leave, we had drafted a Policy ready for our clients to include within their employee handbooks.
achieveHR is part of Geldards LLP, an established leading national law firm with offices in the Midlands, Cardiff and London.
Geldards is a full-service law firm providing practical legal advice to private and public companies, local authorities, public bodies, charities & government agencies as well as private individuals.
Geldards was recognised in the Times 200 for its Employment team in 2020 so you can rest assured you’re in good hands when working with achieveHR.